The Five Great Places I have Found Freelancing Jobs

Finding freelancing projects become very difficult. You will watch different freelancing jobs post and website.  You may think you need to spend money before making money. But you do not need to do like this; there is a lot of freelancing jobs websites which you can easily get freelancing jobs without any cost.

Throughout my freelancing career, I‘ve had the great luck to finding jobs from these five Resources.

1.       Up Work
Upwork touts themselves as “the premier platform for top companies to hire and work with the world’s most talented independent professionals.” They have over 10M registered coders, writers, marketers, designers, developers and other freelancers using their platform. The best thing about Upwork is that it’s extremely easy to use; fill out your profile and you can start pitching for jobs immediately. The downside is that there is a lot of competition. Most jobs have 20+ applicants and some will underbid to get the job. 

2.       Vemploy
Vemploy is a new but very popular freelancing website. This site is very simple to use you will just write the proposal for the job and you will submit it. You can also create your portfolio on this website.


3.       Indeed
Indeed is the Google for job postings. I’ve set up two searches that are automatically sent to my email each day. One search is for “remote, freelance, writing, blogging, marketing, and social media” and the other is for any job in my local area.
I have a local search in place because it gives me an idea of companies that are growing and looking to hire in my area. These companies may need the marketing services that I offer. If I come across these postings, I occasionally send out a cold email introducing myself as a local marketing professional and detailing my services.

4.       LinkedIn
LinkedIn is the most popular business networking site and the best place to have your online resume. Keeping your LinkedIn profile up-to-date can be a great way to get jobs. I’ve been approached several times by local businesses asking if I’d like to collaborate. I credit that to the fact that my profile is complete and up-to-date. Make sure you note that you’re a freelancer and what your skills are. As you build your portfolio, be sure to add links to your best work in the experience section.

5.       Fiverr
This is a very popular website in the whole world. Up work connects the companies with more than 10 million of freelancers who are searching freelancing jobs.


Comments